Fall weather is here. It is cold and blustery. With a frost advisory tonight, what is left of my garden is covered. I love this time of year!
Our fall preparations have begun. While there is plenty more to do, we’re on the right track. A few of these things are done…and others have to wait a few weeks until winter is closer.
- Caulk around windows and doors
- Make sure there are enough window kits to put plastic up when the weather turns cold
- Change furnace filter and have a couple back up filters ready
- Make some draft stoppers for the three doors
- Replace door sweeps on two doors
- Weatherstrip around door on side of garage
- Put away summer toys and outdoor furniture
- Turn compost
- Clean up gardens
- Wash outside windows
- Sweep down entry and deck
- Decide on winter decorations for outside, if any