I love reading the Quick Takes over at Conversion Diary, so I thought I’d add mine this week. I seem to be all about randomness lately so this should be easy.
- Today is the family dog’s birthday. She’s now a 9-year-old chocolate lab. A gentler dog you won’t find. My son thought I should make puppy chow for snack today in honor of the “puppy’s” birthday.
- I have survived almost a week with a teenager in the house. Grace turned 13 on Sunday. Just when I can’t believe I have a teenager, she gives me a good dose of attitude. Then I believe it.
- Outside there are a couple of inches of fresh snow & it is snowing lightly now. I love days like this…especially when it is FRIDAY too!
- Tomorrow I get a day home alone! The boys will be at a wrestling tournament in the morning and then have fishing plans. Grace has her first speech tournament. I’m not going to watch wrestling because my tax appointment is looming and I have a LOT of data entry to do. But even tax work can’t take the excitement out of a day to myself at home!
- My son was asked to take part in a team wrestling meet that is on Sunday. It will be the first opportunity I’ve had to watch him wrestle this year. I love watching my kids in their various sports. I enjoy visiting with parents and seeing the kids work together. We don’t usually do things like this on Sunday, but we’re making an exception this time.
- Yesterday I got to see a baby roll over for the first time. Babies are wonderful little creatures…even when they cry and poop.
- The days are flying by and this is the busiest we’ve been in a LONG time. I’ve had trouble staying focused on just one day at a time. I tend to get overwhelmed by the big picture. I’m working on it…
So there you have it…a few little random tidbits from my life this week.